09 March 2011

{Announcement} Starbucks Has CAKE POPS Now?!

Yes, you did read the title right! I couldn't believe it when my sister, Sasch, texted me yesterday asking me if I'd heard that yet. I asked her to send a pic - and lo and behold - it was a poster showing Starbucks Cake Pops! Naturally, I had to rush out this morning and try them! I can't believe that STARBUCKS is now jumping on the Cake Pop band-wagon. I was surprised when they jumped on the CUPCAKE wagon! Haha! :-) Here they are! There are three flavors (from their Starbucks Petites Menu)...

Birthday Cake Pop: Vanilla cake and icing, dipped in a pink chocolaty coating with white sprinkles. Tiramisu Cake Pop: Vanilla cake and Starbucks® coffee with vanilla icing, dipped in mocha flavored chocolaty coating, with a chocolate coffee bean.

Rocky Road Cake Pop: Chocolate cake and icing dipped in a dark chocolaty coating, with mini marshmallows and roasted almonds.

My take on them: The candy coating is the best part of all three of the cake pops. The (cake) part of them are a little flavorless, kind of artificial tasting and looks like a weird, gellish-texture. Especially, the tiramisu one. If I had to pick a favorite - it would definitely be the Birthday Cake Pop because the inside had the most flavor. It was a good effort by Starbucks though!

On a side note- I ate only about a quarter of each of them and my stomach hurt afterward - ? Weird! That does NOT happen after I eat sweets! Here is an even more upclose picture...


Have you tried these yet? I'd love to hear your feedback on them! Do you agree, disagree with my thoughts? Please leave a comment at the end of this post! :-)


IF you've been living in a box and don't know what Cake Pops are - you HAVE to check out the QUEEN BEE of CAKE POPS! BAKERELLA is her name and she has recipes and gorgeous pictures to go along with them and about a million different ideas/pictures of cake pops! She also just came out with a book recently called, none other than: CAKE POPS.


Happy Wednesday to you all! Don't forget to let me know what you think of these! :-)


luv, naz

12 comments:

  1. well, i did text you the info, but i haven't tried them yet. i'm not sure i will if they made your tummy hurt. i wondered how good they could really be....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought maybe I was just unlucky and got 1 that wasn't bake through! Apparently, they are all like this! Maybe they are baked but just full of oil. I also only took 1 bite. The coating didn't even taste like chocolate. They look nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- they look nice! :P thanks for your comments! I thought maybe I got a bad batch too since everyone else I've asked has liked them! :) maybe we tried the same batch? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got them the other day when we took the boys out and I thought they tasted raw inside. They are definitely VERY sweet. Taber could only eat half of his and that is not like him at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. people...... the cake part is mixed with frosting. thats why theyre moist and "doughy" looking. they ARE baked through.... if you know bakerella's cake pops, then you should know this.
    im so sick of reading reviews where people keep saying they arent baked completely or how awful they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cake pops...but the ones sold at Starbucks remind me of chocolate covered gelpack. They are just W E I R D inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just stumbled upon your blog when i googled photos of star bucks cake pops! I love the Tiramisu one! the little chocolate coffee beach on the top is so delicious. i seriously cant stop eating them. I really didn't like the rocky road one though. as for the inside, i think it tastes a lot like cookie dough.


    www.lovelyinfluence.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love the Tiramisu one. It's delicious!!! I love making the red velvet cake pops from Bakerella, now I'm in search of the recipe for this Tiramisu Cake Pop. Does anyone have a recipe? I'll keep checking the comments if anyone posts a recipe. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Nicole C & Nohea~ Thanks for stopping by! I haven't seen a recipe for Tiramisu cake pops yet...but I'll be sure to let you know if I do!! I've seen Tiramisu cupcakes...so maybe you could just alter it for the cake pops?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I couldnt wait to try Starbucks cake pops. Sadly they made my stomach hurt too. I thought it was the store I went to so the next day U chose to buy one at another location and the same result. I might add that I do not have a sensitive stomach yet both times I was disappointed. They are good going down but I wont be buying them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alot of people think they are raw inside but actually they are baked through. I make these at home, but Starbucks buys them pre-packaged. They are very moist because you bake the cake and mix it with the frosting to form balls. I love the Birthday Cake ones, they are sweet, but so yummy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually love these cake pops!! They are sooooo delicious. I have gotten them a couple times and I have never gotten a belly ache. My sister even had them with me and she loved hers and no belly ache either. The tiramisu is my favorite :) The inside is fully cooked, its just mixed with icing so thats why the texture is more "gooey" than usual cake.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...