13 May 2010

{Recipe} Holy Scrumptious! Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches!

Hello, all! So...this recipe I got off the underside of the Quaker Oatmeal lid. I usually don't try recipes on packages of things...but I'm SO glad I tried this one! Its one of my faves! I just replace the raisins with chocolate chips - they're so soft and scrumptious! They were the PERFECT cookie to make icecream sandwiches with too! AND...how could I not pair it with Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk Ice Cream? HELLO.

Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe (by Quaker Oats)

2 sticks of margerine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked (QUICK oats are much better in this recipe!)
1 cup raisins (I used CHOCOLATE CHIPS!)


1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Beat together margerine and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs & vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats & raisins; mix well.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto UNGREASED cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

To make Ice Cream Sandwiches:

Just put a LARGE spoonful of icecream in the middle of the UNDERSIDE of a COOLED cookie. Then take the "top" cookie and smash on top! You can use VANILLA icecream too - if this is TOO rich for you...but OH BOY- it sure is good! :-)

Enjoy!!

Luv, naz

5 comments:

  1. Cool!
    Courtney has a place by her school called The Cookie Mill and you pick any two cookies and any kind of ice cream and they make you a sandwich for two bucks. Totally worth it, especially since they put like two full scoops of ice cream on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, Hayley! What an amazing idea!!! That place sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound amazing! I love the Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Ice Cream, definitely adding these to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On second thought, I'm glad I don't live near you. I'D WEIGH 300 POUNDS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...