Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe (by Quaker Oats)
2 sticks of margerine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups Quaker Oats, uncooked (QUICK oats are much better in this recipe!)
1 cup raisins (I used CHOCOLATE CHIPS!)
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Beat together margerine and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs & vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats & raisins; mix well.
6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto UNGREASED cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
To make Ice Cream Sandwiches:
Just put a LARGE spoonful of icecream in the middle of the UNDERSIDE of a COOLED cookie. Then take the "top" cookie and smash on top! You can use VANILLA icecream too - if this is TOO rich for you...but OH BOY- it sure is good! :-)Enjoy!!