12 April 2010

{Book Love} A Few of My Favorite Books....from PaperBackSwap!

Today, I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite books that I've gotten off this AWESOME website:PaperBackSwap.com - Book Club to Swap, Trade & Exchange Books for Free.. (You can click on the icon to take you there!) It was my sister, Sascha, who told me about the website and got me hooked. (Thanks, Sasch!!) Basically, if you have old books you don't want anymore...you can post them onto your "shelf" in your account and if someone else wants it - they request it from you. You ship it out...(pay about $2.77-$3.00) via media mail and then you get a CREDIT. You can use CREDITS to order books from other PaperBackSwap members! Currently, there are about 4.5 million books available to order! So- really, if you think about it - you're only paying about $3.00 for each book you request. You can either choose to keep the books you order or if you want or read them and re-list books, you can get another credit for passing on the book. If there is a book you want and its not available...just add it to your "Wish List" and when it comes into the system and is your turn - you'll get an email letting you know its available. Seriously...if you're a book lover like me...this is so the way to go to get books for cheap!! Here are just a few of the books I've gotten off PaperBackSwap...

I was SOOOO excited when I got this book in the mail...so vintage and fun ~ Vogue's Book of Etiquette! Copyright, 1948! The perfect coffee table book!
My mom got me 3 out of the 4 Grimm Brothers children's books awhile ago...(I LOVE children's books)...so I thought I'd check to see if PaperBackSwap had the 4th and they did! :-) So...I got sent the Cinderella story to complete my mini-series...the book didn't even seem like it'd been cracked open! These will be so cute in Ella's room! :-)
So will this book...Le Petit Prince. Its so sweet and yes...its all in French. (I know a little from living in France and Madagascar for a total of 6 months)...so it'll be fun to read this and translate it for Ella.
In addition to these books....I've gotten novels, biographies, COOKBOOKS (I have like 3 Rachel Ray one's now), baby books, financial books, you name the type and I've probably ordered it ~ saving lots of $$$ ~ rather than buying these all brand new!
***One way to get books if you want more credits...is to buy books from Goodwill or Value Village on their 50% off days for a buck or less and then post them (you'll want to check to see if they're on anyone's wish list first - so I just check on my iphone while I'm at the 2nd hand store) and rack up credits that way.
If you decide to do this...add me as a buddy!! My online profile name is: NazraK.
PaperBackSwap.com - Book Club to Swap, Trade & Exchange Books for Free. :-)
Have fun with this and have a FABULOUS day!!
Luv, naz

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhh best site ever!!! i got all the books for my lit class from it, yay free books! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...