02 March 2010

{Recipe} Scrumptious Coffee Cake Recipe ~ Moist & Light!!

I always forget how much I love this recipe - until I make it again. :-) I made this coffee cake for my girls monday night Bible study last night and they all seemed to enjoy it too! I've been making this recipe for YEARS...! I started making this recipe when I was about 10. Its the one recipe I found that I could make when we didn't have butter in the house when I was growing up. Its a moist cake with a scrumptious cinnamon, sugar, & nut topping. Perfectly paired with a strong cup of coffee...(Ronny tested & approved). :-)

Coffee Cake Recipe (Better Homes & Gardens)

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Salad Oil (or Vegetable Oil)
1 Beaten Egg
1/2 Cup Milk
1 1/2 Cups Flour (Sifted)
3/4 Cups Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt

Spicy Topping:
Combine 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tbl Flour
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbl Melted Butter
1/2 Cup Nuts (I like walnuts - but any will work fine!)
****I always double this amount - I like it a little more sweet on top! :-)

Combine oil, egg, and milk. Sift together dry ingredients; add to milk misture; mix well. Pour into greased 9x9 inch pan. (Square or a circle pan will work fine). Sprinkle with Spicy Topping. Bake @ 375 degrees F ~ about 25 minutes.

Enjoy!!

Luv, naz


5 comments:

  1. Can i test and approve tonight :) I love this coffee cake naz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - why haven't I ever tried it? You have been making this for 18 years and I've never tried it! How about you make it when you are here for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a two line recipe LOL I love it! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yay! i love finding cake recipes that uses oil instead of butter. Somehow it makes me feel less guilty using oil even though it probably doesnt make a difference, calorie-wise. Great share!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...