09 March 2010

{DIY: Gift} Happy Birthday, Barbie! (A Barbie Blanky Inspiration!)

So...since its Barbie's 51st Birthday today ~ I figured it would only be appropriate to celebrate it with a little BARBIE-ESQUE inspiration! My sister, Kennedi, asked me to make a blanket for her first baby girl, Mia. She found these sheets from Pottery Barn and wallah...the inspiration was born! They are by far the CUTEST Barbie sheets ever - simple, vintage, and stylish! If my husband would let me...I'd totally buy these sheets for my own bed! Better yet...they are all 50% off right now! I made the blanket by using the flat sheet as one of my sides, a SUPER soft fabric for the other side, and pink satin fabric for the ruffles. It turned out pretty deliciously cute! :-) I thought it needed a little something more after I was done with it...so I just added tiny pink bows with ribbon to the corners to match the ones in the print of the fabric. I still have some of the sheet/fabric left...OH the possibilities!! :-) Now...if only I could figure out Barbie's secret to staying so youthful looking...I think I'd be rich! ;-)

Have a FABULOUS day....and hopefully this inspires you to get a little creative! :-)

Luv, naz

8 comments:

  1. So cute Naz! I bought Ally all the Barbie bedding a few months ago when it first went on sale. Doesn't match her room at all, but it was too cute! It's waiting out in my garage for when we need a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness -that's so awesome! I can't wait to find out what I'm having!! If we're having a girl- I'm totally buying these sheets for her! You can't be too prepared- especially when its 50% off! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and so cute for a little baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH thanks! :-) Its SO super cozy too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute!!! I am now a follower. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Blissful Nest! :-) So happy you found me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is totally cute! You did such a fabulous job. What a pampered little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the compliment, Christine! :-) You're so sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...