06 December 2009

{Recipe} Monkey Bread, Monkey Bread, oh HOW I Love Monkey Bread!

Every Sunday morning we have our youth kids over for breakfast before church. Ronny usually gets donuts or bagels...but since I had a baking spark in me last night ~ I decided to make them something a little more special than the regular...so I made MONKEY BREAD! :-) Since I'm NOT a morning person...and figured it'd be best not to try and whip it up in the morning before they got there...I prepped it last night, refridgerated it overnight, and then just put it in the oven this morning ~ and it turned out great! SO great - I even ate it for a meal this afternoon too! I just couldn't resist! If you've never had Monkey Bread before - get excited! It tastes like the INSIDE of a Cinnamon Roll! How many times have you gotten a Cinnamon Roll - only to eat the inside of it where all the goods are? This recipe I just got off of All Recipes! :-) I have it here for you too, if you want! :-) This particular recipe earned 5 STARS out of 88 ratings...so I bet it better be good! It was AMAZING!


~ Monkey Bread Recipe ~

3 (12 oz) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 margerine (I used butter)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used pecans because that's what I had)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube/Bundt pan.

2) Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a plastic ziplock bag. Cut biscuits into quarters. Shake 6 - 8 biscuit pieces in teh sugar cinnamon mix. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the prepared pan. Continue until all biscuits are coated and placed in pan. If using nuts and raisins, arrange them in and among the biscuit pieces as you go along.

3) In a small saucepan, melt the margerine with the brown sugar over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute. Pour over biscuits.

4) Bake at 250 degrees for 35 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Do not cut! The bread just pulls apart.

*Variations I Did*
~ I made a little more than called for and used 3 (16 oz) giant biscuit packages and just doubled the brown sugar and butter mixed.
~ Since I didn't have a tube or Bundt pan - I used two round cake pans. I put 1 1/2 biscuit pkgs in each pan- this worked GREAT to ensure even baking throughout biscuits and then when they were finished - I turned over one on the cake plate...then turned over the 2nd on right on top!
~ I used pecans instead of walnuts - since that's what I had on hand. It was just as amazing for sure! I didn't use raisins this time...maybe next! :-)

HELLO: Gooey mass of cinnamon, sugar, nuts and oh so deliciousness!!


Enjoy!!

luv,
naz :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I found a box of Monkey Bread in the frozen food aisle, yet haven't tried it yet. Probably not as delicious as your home made recipe!

    Thanks for the suggestion on naming our finches. I'll have to see if I can come up with enough names for the babies, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...