23 July 2009

{Recipe} Goodie Muffins ~ Healthy AND Yummy!

Okay- the BEST muffins EVER! I just made them yesterday- and they're still SO moist and YUMMY! I got the recipe from my sis, Sascha, (she has all the best recipes!). They are packed with fiber and are made with half whole wheat flour too! They should have a "warning label" on the recipe though- they'll make you have to go to the bathroom like nothing else! haha! I've already eaten them for breakfast and lunch today- not to mention dinner last night. :-) This recipe is definitely a winner!

Goodie Muffins

1 cup Shortening ( I use Butter)
2 1/2 cups Sugar
5 cups flour (I replace 2 or 2 1/2 cups with whole wheat flour)
5 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
Add:2 cups Nabisco All Bran4 cups Kelloggs Bran(what ever brand you can find)

*This time- I didn't have any of this cereal left- except for like a cup of the Kellogs Fiber One- instead- I used the cereal I did have- which was the Ezekial Flax Grain Cereal and Kellogs Bran Flakes- this worked perfect too!

*I also had wheat germ and wheat bran on hand from the health food store- I just dumped in the rest that I had- which was about 3/4 cup- it packs in more nutrients without a ton of flavor.
Pour Over:
1 qt buttermilk
2 cups boiling water
Mix well

I use an icream scooper to scoop the dough into the pan- and then I layer with frozen Mixed Berries I buy from Costco.
Store in refrigerator covered for up to 2 - 3 weeks.
Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...